Seattle Jewish Community School is an inclusive Jewish elementary school and close-knit community of educators, students and families, relocating to a newly remodeled building in the heart of the Green Lake neighborhood. SJCS is committed to fostering growth for its students – academically, intellectually, socially, emotionally, spiritually and physically. An SJCS education is grounded in Jewish literacy, identity, values and community and prepares students to succeed and thrive in a multi-age cohort setting. To learn more about SJCS including its mission, vision and values, please review our website at: https://sjcs.net
SJCS has a current opening for a Director of Advancement position. This position is a 0.75 FTE which can be expanded into a 1 FTE with added responsibilities and reports directly to the Head of School.
The Director of Advancement is tasked with strategically, effectively and efficiently building school capacity by integrating the development, marketing and communications programs. The Director of Advancement is a senior-level professional leader and is charged with directing a comprehensive advancement effort to enable the school to sustain and advance its mission. Working in close partnership with the Head of School, senior management team, and the Board of Trustees and other volunteers, the Director of Advancement oversees the school’s external relations with prospective, current and alumni parents; alumni; grandparents; and, other community friends.
Specific responsibilities include:
The Director of Advancement directs and supervises other advancement staff, including the Admissions & Marketing Manager and the Development Database Manager.
Competitive candidates should ideally have a minimum of five years’ management experience, a successful track record of working with executive leadership, the board, donors, and volunteers. The candidate must also demonstrate a record of having conceived, launched and seen to fruition strategic advancement goals/projects using a variety of mediums. Qualified candidates should be superior verbal and written communicators, listeners, relationship builders, story tellers, initiators, visual thinkers, multi-taskers, prioritizers, possessing strong competence in special events management and a commitment to successful fund raising principles.
Candidates interested in full-time rather than 0.75 FTE would assume the responsibilities of development database management in addition to those described above.
This position in both configurations offers competitive pay, extended vacation time and excellent benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Located in Green Lake, Seattle Jewish Community School (SJCS) provides an exceptional integrated education for K-5 students through the lens of Jewish experience. Grounded in community and an ethos of intellectual rigor, we teach our students to develop thoughtful inquiry, courageous and compassionate connection to each other, and a strong sense of who they are. For more information see www.sjcs.net.
SJCS is currently seeking a part-time school counselor (0.40 FTE)
• Consulting with teachers, administrators, and other staff regarding students with identified challenges affecting their academic achievement, classroom behavior, and social-emotional growth and development.
• Educating students about understanding them self and others, including peer relationships, coping strategies, and effective social skills.
• Participating in school’s Child Study Teams which develop Individual Educational Plans (IEPs) and other support strategies for identified students and monitoring the implementation of such plans.
• Supporting out teaching teams in the development and implementation of bullying and sexual harassment prevention, including a K-5 human sexuality education program that includes education on gender identity as well as problem-solving and conflict resolution strategies.
• Facilitating staff training on child psychological and/or psycho-social development issues.
• Supporting teachers regarding classroom management and parent/teacher communication.
• Providing resources to school staff and parents and making appropriate referrals to specialists and outside agencies as needed.
• Responding to emergencies involving individual students and/or their families (such as a death in the family) and working in closely with teachers in monitoring the emotional well-being of all students when concerns arise (such as a heightened reaction to safety and security training procedures).
• Licensed mental health professional with a master’s degree in psychology, counseling, or social work.
• Minimum of five years pertinent experience, including working as a social counselor with elementary school-age students.
• Jewishly knowledgeable and sensitive
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Relocating to Green Lake, Seattle Jewish Community School (SJCS) provides an exceptional integrated education for K-5 students through the lens of Jewish Experience. Grounded in community and an ethos of intellectual rigor, we teach our students to develop thoughtful inquiry, courageous and compassionate connection to each other, and a strong sense of who they are. For more information see www.sjcs.net.
SJCS is currently seeking a part-time physical education teacher (0.25 FTE). As the PE teacher, the qualified candidate will involve students equally and plan activities that benefit all students. The teacher is to be a coach, referee, teammate and motivator who will engage each class in both team sports and individual activities, while explaining the safe and correct way to engage in physical fitness. In addition to teaching physical fitness skills, the PE teacher teaches social interaction skills and appropriate play guidelines.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and note PE teacher in subject line.
We are always interested in expanding our roster of substitute teachers. Teachers with experience teaching general or Judaic studies/Hebrew to students in grades K-5 are invited to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Substitute Teacher” in the subject line.