Seattle Jewish Community School is an inclusive Jewish elementary school and tight-knit community of educators, students and families. SJCS is committed to fostering growth for its students – academically, intellectually, socially, emotionally, spiritually and physically. An SJCS education is grounded in Jewish literacy, identity, values and community and prepares students to succeed and thrive.
SJCS is currently seeking a part time (5 hours per week on Fridays) K-5 Music Specialist:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement common music curriculum
• Establish culture for learning, providing clear communication with students and engaging students in learning
• Differentiate individual student learning needs and develop strategies to address those needs
• Foster and manage a safe, positive learning environment through creating an environment of respect and rapport, managing classroom procedures, student behavior and organizing a safe physical space for student learning
• Communicate and collaborate with colleagues, parents and the school community through effective and ongoing communication
• Attend or participate in all required staff meetings and other activities deemed necessary by the Head of School, in order to accomplish the objectives of the position and for professional development
• Participate in site-based decision-making processes
Education and Experience:
While a WA state certification with a music endorsement is preferred but not required, qualified candidates will be able to demonstrate ability and knowledge of classroom management, delivery of music instruction including, but not limited to singing, movement, Orff instruments, music notation etc.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Seattle Jewish Community School is looking for qualified candidates to work in our after school program for 1.5 hours to 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. Applicants may apply for certain days of the week, or all days, based on availability. After school assistants will be responsible for the safety and the wellbeing of students, as well as supporting daily routines and lead instructors in courses such as cooking, art, sports, etc.
Salary Range: $15/hour-$18.50/hour based on experience.
Applicants should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions available beginning Wednesday, August 29th.
We are always interested in expanding our roster of substitute teachers. Teachers with experience teaching general or Judaic studies/Hebrew to students in grades K-5 are invited to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Substitute Teacher” in the subject line.