SJCS has a current opening for a full-time Advancement Coordinator. As a part of the Advancement team, this role will support Admissions, Development and Communications/Marketing efforts.
Salary is commensurate with experience. No phone calls, please.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority application deadline is 1/24. Interviews will begin the week of 1/27.
SJCS has a current opening for a PE Specialist & Assistant Director of the After School Enrichment Program. This position is a 0.75 FTE with hours from 11:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday.
PE Specialist Duties Include:
· Connecting the PE program to recess expectations
· Documenting and tracking the progress of each child
· Completing report cards and comments 2 times per year (March and June)
· Communicating directly with each teacher via e-mail and face-to-face conversations
· Communicating directly with parents via e-mail and face-to-face conversations
· Transitioning students back to class calmly
· Maintaining equipment and being responsible for ordering needed equipment within school budget
· Mapping PE curriculum for the year based on best practice standards
· Engaging, with, leading sports games and supervising students during recess and ensuring the safety, security and well-being in accordance with Responsive Classroom practices
After School Enrichment Program Duties Include:
· Instructing and/or overseeing instruction of enrichment classes
· Communicating with the director about student and family needs
· Assisting the director with administrative tasks
· Assisting students to prioritize and complete homework assignments
· Ensuring the after school environment is clean, safe, and organized
· Setting up and taking down after school program spaces
· Periodically assuming role of the director
Qualified candidates must have at least two years of experience teaching or coaching elementary school-aged children. They must be passionate about working with children, and be flexible, organized, responsible and highly attentive with excellent communication skills. Candidates with teaching certificates or pursuing teaching certificates are preferred.
This position offers competitive pay and excellent benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are always interested in expanding our roster of substitute teachers. Teachers with experience teaching general or Judaic studies/Hebrew to students in grades K-5 are invited to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Substitute Teacher” in the subject line.