4th Grade Student Development
The 4th Grade team seeks to reach all students where they are and provide differentiated instruction and tasks so that all learning styles are addressed.
4th Grade Goals and Dereh Eretz
- Students will gain more independence.
- Students move from concrete to more abstract thinking and start to question what goes on around them.
- Students will grow as creative learners, acquiring metacognitive awareness of their learning styles, strengths, and areas for growth.
- Students will build on their understanding of dereh eretz by showing respect to themselves, others and our environment.
In 4th Grade students will work on major life skills such as:
- Time management
- Jewish identity
Also, we use the Responsive Classroom model to foster a safe learning environment, create classroom norms, and teach specific behavioral and verbal skills.
Classroom Policies and Procedures:
We feel that teachers and parents make up a team. Communication is essential in ensuring this team’s success. The 4th grade team will use several mediums to communicate with parents.
- Weekly newsletter including what is happening in General Studies for the week and homework will be sent on Tuesdays.
- Invitations for parent participation, presentations, field trips, and information needing immediate response
- Personal communication regarding individual student
- Friday afternoon wrap-up of the week and coming attractions of Judaic Studies
You can expect a response to an email within 24 business hours. If an email requires further time, you may receive an email response simply stating that the email has been received and will need more time to respond.
- Digital Learning Portfolio, including various examples of students in class and student work
- Images, videos, sounds and text highlighting what is happening in the classroom
- Students using the Seesaw Application to practice, explain, or present their learning
Phone/ In person meeting
- Weekly math sheets will go home on Tuesday and are due the following Monday
- Unfinished class work will go home that night and is generally due the following day
- Approximately 20 minutes of independent reading each night – culminating in a list of completed books which will be check periodically
- Homework assignments will go home in the same red folder when assigned
- Wear PE appropriate shoes on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Kabbalat Shabbat on Fridays at 2:40 pm