- Approved by the State of Washington
- RAVSAK (Jewish Community Day School Network), Member
- Washington Federation of Independent Schools, Member
- Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools, Candidate Member
- Partnership for Excellence in Jewish Education
- Washington State non-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation
Days and Times
- Doors open at 8:15 a.m. and classes start at 8:30 a.m.
- Kindergarten is dismissed at 3:15; 1st-5th grades at 3:30 p.m.
- On Fridays, from November through February, all grades dismiss at 2:30 p.m. to allow time to prepare for Shabbat.
- SJCS is closed on all Jewish holidays and many Federal holidays.
- Before and after-school enrichment is available onsite.
SJCS families come from eleven zip codes and speak English, Hebrew, and Russian as first languages in their homes. There is a broad socio-economic range, and families are both affiliated and unaffiliated with a synagogue or havurah.
As an egalitarian Jewish community day school unaffiliated with any particular Jewish movement, SJCS welcomes families from across the spectrum of Jewish life, including (but not limited to) affiliated and unaffiliated, interfaith, Reform, Conservative, Renewal, Orthodox, Reconstructionist, traditional, secular, cultural, Israeli, and “just Jewish.”
Services and Specialty Curricula
- Learning Specialist
- Physical Education
- School Counselor