Thank you for your interest in a career at SJCS. If you are interested in applying for one of the open positions listed below, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SJCS is currently seeking a part time Director of Curricular Activities.
- Staffing: Assisting in hiring, arranging substitute coverage, tracking faculty absences, supporting teacher evaluations
- Professional Development: Coordinating in-service days, staff meetings, agendas, and Title 2D funds
- Calendar: Developing school Master Calendar and maintaining electronic calendar
- Scheduling: Developing and maintaining school Master Schedule, and all derivative schedules, coordinating Parent/Teacher conferences
- Field Trips and Special Events: Arranging, organizing, and facilitating all-school field trips and coordinating Special Events
- Middle School Placement: Coordinating Middle School Night for parents, evaluations, transcript distribution, and tracking the acceptance and placement of students
- Compliance: Managing the school’s OSPI, SPS Entitlement, and Special Education Monies
- Report Cards and Conferencing: Development/formatting/distribution of template to teachers, coordinating report card schedule, reviewing report cards, and overseeing distribution
- Curricular material ordering
- Administration: Taking part in the school’s Leadership team and addressing student discipline as needed
Requirements: The ideal candidate for this position will have a Master’s in Education and preference will be given to a Principal Certificate. In addition, extensive management, organization, prioritization, and problem-solving skills, three years in a leadership role in an academic environment, and previous classroom experience are a must.
This position is .5 FTE (20 hours per week) and includes full medical, dental, and vision, as well as short and long-term disability and life insurance benefits. 3% employer match to retirement plan after the first year.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and note Director of Curricular Activities in subject line.
SJCS is currently seeking a certified Special Education teacher to address student needs in delivering differentiated, rigorous, engaging, and high quality literacy/reading and math instruction.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- A proven record of achievement as evidenced by student work, learning, and the collecting and tracking of data over time.
- An ability to handle multiple students of different ages and abilities in a high-performing school while remaining organized, punctual, and reliable.
- Exceptional and diverse communication skills, enabling tactful and direct conversations with parents, teachers, counselors, students, and complimentary service providers/partners of enrolled students.
- The ability to accept and implement feedback received for real-time improvement.
- The self-discipline needed to generate multiple curricula and differentiated plans and the ability to deliver instruction at a high level.
- Strong management skills needed for taking the lead on prioritizing and advancing the individualized plan for each student.
- Being a team player with a willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
- Strong familiarity with the Wired for Reading program and with Everyday Math.
This position is for 25 hours per week and offers competitive pay and full benefits, including medical, dental, vision as well as short and long term disability.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Learning Specialist in the subject line.
SJCS is currently seeking an elementary grade part-time General Studies teacher.
Ideal candidates must possess a Bachelor's or post-Bachelor's degree in a related field and be certified teachers with up-to-date Washington State teaching credentials with at least two years of teaching experience in elementary school. Likewise, creative and innovative abilities to offer differentiated instruction in classroom settings of 20 students are a must. Additional requirements include excellent classroom management skills, exceptional teamwork, strong and tactful communications skills, and superior levels of organization. Familiarity with Everyday Math and Wired for Reading is a strong plus.
This 25 hour a week position offers competitive pay and full benefits, including medical, dental, vision as well as short and long term disability.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and write General Studies Teacher in the subject line.
SJCS is currently seeking a 4th/5th grade part-time Judaic Studies teacher.
While SJCS is unaffiliated with any specific Jewish movement, the ideal candidate will possess great knowledge of Judaism, including Torah, Jewish values and texts, traditions, prayers, and teachings. This position requires a teacher who can differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all learners, create meaningful learning experiences for children, and maintain cooperative and effective working relations with colleagues.
Ideal candidates will possess a Bachelor's or post-Bachelor's degree in a related field and have at least two years of teaching experience in elementary school. A teaching certificate is preferred, as is strong knowledge of Hebrew. This position offers competitive pay and full benefits, including medical, dental, vision as well as short and long term disability.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Judaics Teacher in the subject line.
SJCS is currently seeking elementary grade part-time General Studies and Judaic Studies Teaching Assistants and Associate Teachers.
Ideal candidates possess a Bachelor's degree in a related field and have classroom experience or are in the process of teaching certification. Familiarity with Everyday Math and Wired for Reading is a strong plus. Familiarity with differentiated instruction techniques, supporting classroom management and working in close adherence to the lead teacher are some of the necessary qualifications for this job.
This 20 hour a week position offers competitive pay and full benefits, including medical, dental, vision as well as short and long term disability.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and write TA/AT in the subject line.
SJCS is currently seeking a .75 FTE Development Manager who will be fully engaged in the activities of our Advancement Office.
Primary responsibilities include: Database management and gift tracking, including creation and generation of acknowledgement letters, tracking pledges and reconciliation with the business office, and managing data via our admissions database; active participation in planning and executing the Annual Fund, including production of appeal letters and emails; primary support for an annual large-scale fund-raising event; timely preparation of all reports for the Development Committee and Board; active participation, with the Development Director, in the cultivation and stewardship of donors and donor prospects, including supporting foundations and the greater community; has primary responsibility for maintaining contact with alumni families. The role also includes support for the admissions and marketing department.
The successful candidate would start no later than June 17th.
The ideal candidate possesses a minimum of three years of demonstrated success in marketing, public relations, or advancement; demonstrated knowledge of relational databases and CRM (Gift Works, SalesForce, Raiser’s Edge, Donor Perfect, etc.); success in and comfort with face-to-face contact with clients, customers, potential clients/customers and members of the public. Prior experience in small private school or in fund development a plus. A belief in customer service and being donor-centered is essential. Should be comfortable working in a small, diverse office environment.
Competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental and vision care after 90 days, employer-matched retirement plan after one year.
To apply please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Development Manager in the subject line.